The Zimmerman seems to think I need to lighten up around here. I have been suspecting that I do, even before he suggested it. So I am going to play along with this meme he tagged me for. Then I am going to tell you something else about the Zimmerman.
Here are the rules for the meme:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are the seven things about me. (Do not get on my case if I repeat myself from previous similar memes. I am also not sure how random or weird they are. I am probably not that interesting.)
1. I once started a collection of Dr. Seuss books. After collecting seven (only a few of which were my favourite classics), I quit, but not before getting a first-edition copy of Horton Hatches the Egg.
2. I have only taken one art class in my life, which is why I have no technique, but I still like to try to draw and paint things on occasion.
3. I have an uncle who is on tour with Emmylou Harris and was recently seen on David Letterman.
4. My favourite colour changes every so often, but I am still stuck on green these days.
5. Growing up, my brother and I had a cocker spaniel named Chocolate Chip (aka Chippy), who was adorable, very stupid, and did not live a long and healthy life (but we loved him for as long as we had him).
6. I am six feet tall.
7. Today I talked to the local librarian about buying a copy of my book for the children's section of the library and she said she would. Yay.
Here are the people I am tagging for this meme:
1. The Greek Geek
2. The Llama Mama
3. The Burnside Writers
4. The Jeff Campbell
5. The Pastor Marty
6. The Rhonda
7. And The Dave (or The Elizabeth) Madeira
And here are some more words about the Zimmerman:
1. He has written a second book. (I have a signed copy of his first one, and a copy of his second.)
2. It's really good.
3. He wants me to review it here, which I will be delighted to do, once I have finished reading it. (Sometimes my reading projects take some time because I get sucked into all the fresh writing in my Google Reader subscriptions instead . . . ) But stay tuned for more about his book.