Saturday, January 03, 2009

Christmas Recap

It has come to my attention (as I was shoveling snow this evening, if you must know, and not through any other human agent) that I have failed to follow up my irritable Christmas Day post with any report on how the rest of the Christmas week was. Or even the rest of that day, for that matter.

This might be because I seem to have subliminally assigned to this blog the role of Whinge-Keeper. And, see, the rest of that day and the week were pretty much great. So . . . what was there to write about?

I regret to rediscover that . . . I'm not a very grateful person.

Anyway, I'm here to tell you that yes: Christmas Day and Christmas week were just great. There were a few Niece-Hannah sleeping hiccups (read: Niece-Hannah not sleeping), but she's too cute to get mad at.

Here is a photo to prove it. Also one of the World's Cutest Niece with her Designer Auntie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good! God must have led me to your blog, this morning! I am not much of a blogger, in fact have never blogged, but I'm up pondering a sleepless thought: how babies who don't sleep or don't sleep well stir up such powerlessness in their parents. And then the thought just wandered through my brain, does God feel like a powerless parent to us sometimes? Not that he IS powerless at all, but do we make him FEEL (sorry, caps, for italics) that way, ever? Like on the cross, did he feel powerless or powerful? It seems like Jesus might have felt some of both. Anyway, I read a quote from an incredible parent-infant therapist (meaning, if I could go see him, I have no doubt, I'd feel empowered) about parents discovering their power to respond to their crying babies and had to chuckle. It sounded so great in theory, but in reality, right now, at 1:37am, I feel pretty powerless. So, anyway, thanks for the chance to vent and thanks for including in your blog that adorable niece-Hannah was not sleeping, either! ~Susan

Anonymous said...

PS-I'm glad your Christmas was great! : )

Jennwith2ns said...

Anonymous--welcome! And thanks for commenting. Hope you managed to get some sleep . . .

Mary Anne said...

Ummm.... I really like that hoodie, Jenn! If the novelty of owning it ever wears off, send it my way! :)

Jennwith2ns said...

Mary Anne--Unfortunately for you, it is no longer just novelty keeping me liking this hoodie . . . ;)