Saturday, April 12, 2008

Stuff That's Too Big for My (Even MY) Head

I feel like I should be continuing the discussion started by the Milk Guy (who, to my knowledge, doesn't even read this blog, although he's welcome to) and continued by some of you. But I suddenly feel like I'm in the middle of this idea that's so big that not only can I not get my head around it, but I can't find a piece to grab onto and start talking about. Or keep talking about. Or whatever.

So, while I'm trying to figure that out, here is a blog my brother just alerted me to. (I'm a little annoyed at him for this; as if I didn't have enough internet reasons to procrastinate! So . . . I'm just going to take out that annoyance by recommending it to all of you.) It is kind of like this site (or, as its author says, "a direct rip-off"). And here is a post that kind of reminds me of what we've been talking about lately. Which I alert you to because, tongue-in-cheek regardless, I like the point he makes at the end--and the way he makes it.

6 comments:

christianne said...

okay, you're just freaking amazing for tipping me off to this site. but i'm responding like you: as if i didn't already have 147 reasons to procrastinate on the internet! [though i doubt a blog that numerically catalogued each and every one of those 147 reasons to procrastinate would not be nearly as interesting -- or to the point -- as this guy's.]

thanks, jenn.

oh, and i hear you on the "this thought process is just getting waaaay too big to fit inside my head" feeling. i've been there many times myself. i like that you're in tune with how you're feeling and taking the necessary break.

Out Of Jersey said...

It's not even a good rip off. Man that sight is lame!

Anonymous said...

I just sent this blog (stuffchristianslike) to my lead team, and it is hilarious. The guys a great writer and he has some very creative stuff! HIlarious!!!

Jennwith2ns said...

Christianne--you're welcome. And thanks, yourself!

Cube Rev--wow. Harsh. Where's your sense of humour? ;)

Marty--hope they get a kick out of it, too. I think it's awesome.

Prodigal Jon said...

Thanks for mentioning my site, stuff christians like. It's been a fun ride and God has done some really weird stuff with it to reach a lot of folks that are atheists. Which is cool and not a reflection of anything I am doing.

Jon

Jennwith2ns said...

Prodigal Jon--thanks for stopping by! And, you're welcome. Come again any time and contribute your thoughts.