Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pink

409-Caitlin and Ed! made pink ribbon pins with our store nickname ("One West") on them so the rest of our Starbucks colleagues could show their support. The powers that be will not let anyone wear them while working at Starbucks, but the fact that these two made such things was so sweet . . . I seem to be fresh out of tears for the last few days (I think I overused them last week), but if I had had any in stock, I'm sure I would have cried some when I found out what they had done. I really do feel like there's this "great cloud of witnesses" or something, caring for me more than I could have imagined or deserved . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, one of the things that I'm noticing as I read these blogs is that you're going through the stages of grief:
denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance

I don't know if it's helpful or not for me to point this out, sitting, as I am, on the sidelines. Probably you know about all this already. At the bare minimum intellecutalizing about things is my sort-of male version of cooking something yummy and warm for somebody in crisis. (Except that intellectualizations are neither yummy or warm.)
But maybe the more helpful thing is that those stages paint this picture around the idea that we cycle through a variety of emotions at a time like this, and this is normal and o.k. and expected.
I can't imagine going through what you are. I have been inspired and moved by your blogs the last few weeks, thanks for your transparency and open-ness.

Jennwith2ns said...

I think it's entirely true that I'm going through all those, although I don't know that "stages" is really an appropriate term. From inside it, it feels like I'm feeling a mix of these at any given time, and I can't write in any one post exactly what I'm feeling; I just kind of narrow in on one. Maybe whatever feels most prominent at the time. Probably, I guess.

Anyway. Thanks for reading the posts and praying for me and "walking alongside" even in the comments. I like to "hear back."

Unknown said...

Give me one of those pink ribbon, girl, cuz I'm aware and with you in that cloud!

Hope your day is filled with that confident peace that God is with you.

Jennwith2ns said...

Aww, thanks, Stacey. You could probably wear yours at work even, huh? ;)